Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Quilt Trial

My first real quilt accomplishment took some time but I did it. It's not fancy just a simple log cabin idea that I played with until I got the look that I liked.  In the center of my first real quilt I added one set of a court house steps block to add some color difference.  I really like the back which started out as a t-shirt backing that got covered over by something simpler and used as my batting instead.  My final addition to this my real first quilt trial was to add a pieced block of a house on the backing which turned out quite nice considering that it was my first pieced block that I actually used on anything I have made so far. I thought this would be something to write about being also my first post on my blog. Well if no one else thinks so I thought this was Some Crafty Creation for one of my firsts. If I get brave enough to handle critics I may post a picture of this at some future time.

I am now adding to this post a completed wall quilt that I finished this summer.  It is one of many wall quilts that I have made and gave as gifts. This particular wall quilt is a "Welcome Friends" quilt. Something I got and made from a website called alwaysquilting.com.   It now hangs on my wall in my dinning room giving the room a homey look.


No comments:

Post a Comment